2014/02/08

"Awareness", Hsu Yung Chin's Solo Ink Painting Exhibition,Taipei, Feb8-Mar8, 2014

Hsu Yung Chin has been practicing both calligraphy and ink painting for over 45 years. He is a true master of his craft. This spring, Hsu will be exhibiting 60 ink paintings for an exhibition entitled Awareness. The paintings were created between 1989 and 2013 and many have never been publicly exhibited. The theme that unites all these works is Hsu’s relationship with nature and each painting is touched with the sublime beauty Hsu feels when contemplating the natural world. Awareness is open to the public and everyone is welcome to come and enjoy these moving works of art.


“As I wander along the river, I watch the water flow by. I look at the fish swim and jump and pause to enjoy the clouds as they shift from form to form. I am overcome by nature’s easy abundance.  These days I am at ease in my work and am able to follow my heart. My life right now reminds me of one my earlier works: Three Meals, A Thousand Books, A Cup of Tea, and A Stick of Incense.  I am so grateful for these blessings.”








































































No comments: